Police allegedly found cocaine on an East Hampton man while they were arresting him for drinking alcohol on a Suffolk Transit bus. The man is also accused of giving an officer a false name, Southampton Town Police said.
Alfonso Rodriguez, 39, of West Drive was arrested on a bus that was running along Flanders Road in Riverside Saturday afternoon, police said, where an officer then discovered that Mr. Rodriguez was wanted on a bench warrant for a prior driving while intoxicated charge, and that he had given a false name to police in order to avoid being arrested on a bench warrant, authorities said.
He was charged with criminal possession of a controlled substance and false personation in addition to the open container violation, according to police.
* Brian DeCabia, 24, of Marge Lane in Calverton was charged with DWI about 3:40 a.m. Sunday on Shinnecock Road in Hampton Bays after he was stopped for running a stop sign, police said.
* Julio Cruz, 35, of Pine Court in Northampton was charged with DWI Sunday on Cypress Avenue in Flanders after he was stopped for making an improper turn and was found to be intoxicated, police said.
* Brandon Roach, 18, of Cypress Avenue in Flanders was charged with unlawful possession of marijuana Sunday night on County Road 39 in Southampton after being stopped for a seat belt violation, according to police, who said they found a plastic bag with marijuana, a marijuana grinder and a pipe in the car.
* About $1,500 worth of jewelry was reported stolen from a home on Laurel Avenue in Flanders last Thursday. A diamond pendant, a Wittnauer diamond watch and a Wittnauer gold watch were among the items reported stolen, according to police.
* A $200 snowblower was reported stolen from a home on Flanders Road in Flanders last Wednesday.
Those who are named in police reports have not been convicted of any crime or violation. The charges against them may later be reduced or withdrawn, or they may be found innocent.