Southampton blotter: Rocky Point man caught with drugs


A Rocky Point man was charged with seventh-degree criminal possession of a controlled substance Friday night on Old Quogue Road in Riverside, according to Southampton Town Police. 

Robert Ruibal, 48, was pulled over for running a stop sign on Pine Street in Riverside. An officer at the scene was also unable to read his rear license plate, police said.

After making the traffic stop, authorities found that Mr. Ruibal had a small quantity of cocaine and illegal pills in his possession.

In addition to the drug charge, Mr. Ruibal was charged with having an obstructed license plate and failing to stop at a stop sign, according to police.

• A Central Islip man was charged with circumventing an interlock device that was imposed on him from a June 9, 2010 DWI conviction, according to police.

Rafael Grajales, 27, was stopped by an officer Sunday morning on County Road 104 in Riverside for having an expired license when it was determined he didn’t have an ignition interlock device as required by the 2010 court order, according to police.

He was charged with third-degree aggravated unlicensed operation.

• Franklin Estrada, 28, of Riverhead, was charged with disorderly conduct Sunday at 1:51 a.m. on Lake Avenue in Riverside after he was observed walking on the double yellow line on Riverleigh Avenue and causing an obstruction to passing cars, according to police, who said Mr. Estrada refused to get out of the road.

Mr. Estrada was arrested and taken to headquarters for processing and arraignment, police said.

• A Riverside woman reported Saturday she had an “indoor yard sale” at her house that morning and later noted that her ranch mink coat, valued at $200, and a $30 cashmere sweater, had been removed from her bedroom, according to police.

The woman told police that about 30 people attended the sale, which was open to the public.

• A $600 Honda power washer and a $375 air compressor were reported stolen from a home on Old Westhampton Road in Northampton Sunday. The theft is believed to have occurred between 12:30 and 6:35 p.m., according to police.