Exactly $669.38 worth of frozen shrimp was reported stolen from Stop & Shop on Route 58 Monday morning, according to police, who say an unknown male was seen removing the items.
It was the second shrimp heist reported in the area in recent years: in 2013, four Calverton residents were accused of stealing roughly $2,400 in shrimp from supermarkets in eastern Brookhaven Town.
• A 15-year-old male was arrested and charged with third-degree assault Nov. 10 on Segal Avenue, according to police. Additional information was not available because of the suspect’s age.
• A VCR, assorted clothing and accessories, and food were reported stolen from a room at the Swiss Motel on West Main Street on Nov. 10. The missing items are valued at about $195, according to police.
• Brendon Knapp, age and address unavailable, was charged with petit larceny following his arrest Nov. 11 at Walmart on Route 58, where he is accused of stealing various hardware items, according to police.
• Asher Ezekowitz, 31, address unavailable, was charged with petit larceny after being arrested at P.C. Richard and Son on Route 58 last Thursday afternoon. Mr. Ezekowitz, an employee of the store, is accused of taking $71 from the cash register, according to police.
• A Calverton woman told police on Tuesday morning that someone had removed two credit cards from her wallet and made purchases at Stop & Shop in Riverhead. The amount of the purchases was not known.