A traffic stop in downtown Riverhead led to an arrest for heroin possession last week, Riverhead Town police said.
Christen Fleming, 32, of Riverhead was charged with two counts of seventh-degree criminal possession of a controlled substance last Thursday afternoon on East Main Street and Howell Avenue, according to police.
Ms. Fleming was pulled over on a traffic stop and an officer noticed that she was clenching something in her right hand.
When asked what she was holding, Ms. Fleming tried to hide the item on the side of her seat, according to police, who recovered it and determined it was heroin.
Ms. Fleming also had a plastic bag with a Xanax pill in it, police said.
• A home on Sound Avenue in Baiting Hollow was reportedly broken into Monday morning, police said.
The owner of the home said suspects broke a glass window to gain entry and then appeared to have slept in the house and to have made a meal using food from the cabinet and the microwave in the house, police said.
• A 2003 Cadillac was removed from the water at East Creek Marine in South Jamesport at 11 a.m. last Thursday, according to police.
Additional information was not available.
• A 2004 Nissan Altima reported stolen in the Suffolk County Police jurisdiction was found disabled on the side of Route 105 near Hubbard Avenue in Riverhead Saturday morning. The occupant of that car was arrested, according to Riverhead police.
Jason Moore, 38, of Riverhead was charged with fifth-degree criminal possession of stolen property. He told police the car belonged to a friend, but a search of the state Department of Motor Vehicles database indicated that the license plates on the car were reported stolen by Suffolk County Police.
• Anthony Moore, 50, address unavailable, was arrested on two Suffolk County Police District warrants. Mr. Moore is facing charges of seventh-degree criminal possession of a controlled substance and petit larceny in Suffolk courts.
• The owners of Kam Hung Kitchen on Route 25 in Jamesport reported last Wednesday night that someone broke in through a back door and took money from a tip jar in the restaurant, according to police.
• Oleksiy Pawlychka, age and address unavailable, was charged with driving while intoxicated at about 5 a.m. Sunday on Route 105, according to police.
• Selvin Ruiz-Gusman, 30, of Riverhead was charged with aggravated DWI at about 12:40 a.m. Monday on East Main Street and Howell Avenue. He also was charged with third-degree aggravated unlicensed operation of a motor vehicle, according to police.
Mr. Ruiz-Gusman initially was pulled over for failing to stay in his lane of traffic, according to police.
• A woman reportedly stole $510 worth of nail polish from the CVS Pharmacy on Route 25A in Wading River Monday afternoon, according to police.
• A counterfeit $100 bill was found at The Home Depot on Route 58 Sunday morning. The bill was turned over to police.
Those who are named in police reports have not been convicted of any crime or violation. The charges against them may later be reduced or withdrawn, or they may be found innocent.