A Riverhead man was arrested on an assault charge after he attacked a co-worker in Bridgehampton and then gave a fake name, according to Southampton Town Police.
Samuel Guevara, 18, of West Main Street in Riverhead was charged with third-degree assault last Tuesday night on Sapaponack Road in Bridgehampton after he threw a co-worker to the ground and then repeatedly punched him in the face and head, breaking his nose, according to police.
Mr. Guevara also was charged with false personation for misleading officers about his identity in order to avoid prosecution on an outstanding bench warrant from Riverhead Town, according to police.
• A traffic stop led to drug charges for a Shoreham woman Sunday, according to police. Deena Colgan, 39, of Barnhart Place in Shoreham was charged with seventh-degree criminal possession of a controlled substance Sunday morning at 4:45 a.m. Ms. Colgan was a passenger in a vehicle that was stopped for a traffic infraction on Good Ground Road in Hampton Bays and during that investigation, an officer observed a crack pipe in the car and subsequently found Ms. Colgan in possession of crack cocaine, according to police.
• A seat belt violation led to a drug arrest for a Ridge man, according to police. Tommy Giffin, 30, of Randall Road in Ridge was charged with seventh-degree criminal possession of controlled substance and fourth-degree criminal possession of marijuana Friday night on Suffolk Avenue in Flanders. He was stopped for a seat belt violation when an officer noticed a smell of marijuana coming from the car, according to police. Following a search of the car, a large quantity of marijuana and a small amount of hallucinogenic mushrooms were located in the car, police said.
• Donald Oliver, 36, of Flanders Road in Flanders was charged with third-degree assault last Tuesday night on Flanders Road in Riverside. He was arrested on a warrant after it was learned that he assaulted a woman and took a phone away from her as she was trying to dial 911 a day earlier, according to police.
• Matej Petrak, 26, of Flanders Road in Flanders was charged with driving while intoxicated Sunday at about 5 a.m. on Flanders Road in Flanders. He was pulled over near Glider Avenue for not using his signal before a turn and performed poorly on field sobriety tests, according to police. He also was charged with third-degree aggravated unlicensed operation of a motor vehicle, according to police.
• Jessica Rockford, 25, of Maria Court in Wading River was charged with driving while intoxicated Sunday at about 3 a.m. on Wakeman Road in Hampton Bays. She was pulled over for running a stop sign and found to have alcohol on her breath and slurred speech, according to police.
• A pile of scrap metal valued at $200 was reported stolen from the driveway of a home on Royal Avenue in Flanders last Tuesday.
• A ride-on lawn mower valued at $600 was reported stolen from a home on Pegs Lane in Riverside last Wednesday. A witness told police he saw two men in a blue pickup truck take the lawn mower, according to police.
Those who are named in police reports have not been convicted of any crime or violation. The charges against them may later be reduced or withdrawn, or they may be found innocent.