Nine people were arrested by the East End DWI Task Force Saturday evening, authorities said.
According to a police report, the following people were charged with driving while intoxicated: Juan Perez, 50, of Riverhead; Eusebio Plato, 38, of Riverhead; Farrow Sims Jr., 19, of Calverton; Mark Sims, 42, of Riverhead; John Stark, 42, of Southold; and Otto Zeller, 33, of Huntington.
Amilcar Cano, 28, of Greenport was charged with DWI and resisting arrest, police said. Philip Ashley, 72, of Jamesport was charged with driving while ability impaired, and Melissa McMoore, 21, of Greenport was charged with unlawful possession of marijuana, according to the report. The task force included officers from the Riverhead, Quogue and Westhampton Beach police departments. Police said more checkpoints will be deployed throughout the East End during the summer and reminded drivers to wear seat belts and not to drink and drive or use cellphones while driving.
• Christopher DeCarlo, 24, of Manorville was arrested Sunday and charged with petit larceny and two counts of criminal possession of a hypodermic needle after he was allegedly caught stealing a DVD player from Walmart, police said.
Mr. DeCarlo had two hypodermic needles in his front right pants pocket, according to a police report. The needles were removed and stored as evidence, police said. Mr. DeCarlo was processed, given an appearance ticket and turned over to Suffolk County police on an active warrant.
• A money deposit bag containing nearly $4,000 was allegedly stolen from Bed Bath and Beyond in Riverhead last Thursday, town police said. The bag, containing $3,832.30, was reported missing about 8 p.m., according to a police report. The investigation is ongoing, police said.
• Tyrone Trent, 49, of Riverhead was arrested on a second-degree criminal contempt charge after he violated an order of protection, Riverhead police said. Mr. Trent was taken to police headquarters and held for arraignment.
• John Robinson, 19, of Riverhead was arrested on a harassment charge after he became physically abusive during a dispute at his home, police said. According to a police report, Mr. Robinson arrived at the house drunk and was verbally and physically abusive to a woman there, grabbing her by the arms and shaking her while she held a child. The victim fled into the house and called 911, police said. The two were separated by police and Mr. Robinson was arrested and held for arraignment.
• Paul Pleickhardt, 33, of Shoreham was arrested last Wednesday on drunk driving charges after being involved in a motor vehicle accident, Suffolk County police said. Mr. Pleickhardt was driving a 1993 Honda Civic along Washington Avenue about 7 p.m. when his car crashed into another vehicle, officials said. He was sent to Southside Hospital in Bay Shore and treated for undisclosed injuries, police said. Details about the other driver weren’t available. Mr. Pleickhardt was charged with DWI, officials said.
• Enrique David, 26, of Riverhead was arrested early Friday on drunk driving charges in Ridge, Suffolk County police said. He was driving a 1997 Dodge near the intersection of Route 25 and Wading River Hollow Road about 3 p.m., officials said. Mr. David was charged with DWI and refusing to take a Breathalyzer test, police said.
• Shanay White, 21, of Wading River was arrested Friday on drug charges in Patchogue, according to Suffolk County police. She was charged with seventh-degree criminal possession of a controlled substance, officials said.
• Ryan Delapine, 22, of Shoreham was arrested Saturday on drunk driving charges in Port Jefferson, Suffolk County police said. He was driving a 2003 Jeep along Thompson Street at around 3 a.m. when he failed to stop at a stop sign, officials said. Mr. Delapine was charged with DWI, police said.
Those who are named in police reports have not been convicted of any crime or violation. The charges against them may later be reduced or withdrawn, or they may be found innocent.