A Michigan man was charged with driving while ability impaired by alcohol Sunday in Flanders, according to Southampton Town police.
Sebastian Pablo, 35, of Detroit was stopped on Flanders Road near Cross River Drive after being involved in a minor car crash, according to police. The driver of the other vehicle, which Mr. Pablo rear-ended, was transported to Peconic Bay Medical Center via Flanders Volunteer Ambulance after reporting head pain, police said.
Further investigation revealed that Mr. Pablo was driving in an intoxicated condition. He was arrested at the scene, police said.
• A Riverhead man who was stopped for a traffic infraction late Saturday in Flanders was caught carrying crack cocaine, police said.
John Jones, 33, was traveling on Brookhaven Avenue when he was pulled over, police said. He was then found to have a quantity of crack cocaine, police said.
Mr. Jones was charged with seventh-degree criminal possession of a controlled substance.
• Lisa Allen, 32, of Mastic Beach was arrested Sunday in Riverside for seventh-degree criminal possession of a controlled substance. She also had five active warrants against her with the Suffolk County Police Department, police said.
Ms. Allen was observed stumbling along Pine Street and was found to be in possession of Tramadol, a painkiller, according to police.
• Byron Velasquez Rodriguez, 39, of Riverhead was charged with third-degree aggravated unlicensed operation of a motor vehicle and alcohol-related aggravated unlicensed operation last Monday afternoon on Maple Avenue in Flanders after he was stopped for an equipment violation, police said.
Officers found that Mr. Velasquez Rodriguez was driving the vehicle without an ignition interlock device and without a license, which had been revoked for a previous DWI, according to police.
• Kristin Husfeldt, 32, of East Islip was charged with second-degree aggravated unlicensed operation of a motor vehicle last Wednesday on West Main Street in Riverhead, police said.
Ms. Husfeldt was stopped for an equipment violation and was found to be driving with a revoked license and suspended registration, according to police.
• Dan Aller, 53, of Center Moriches was charged with third-degree aggravated unlicensed operation of a motor vehicle Saturday morning on Nugent Drive in Riverside after being pulled over for a traffic violation, police said.
Mr. Aller failed to pay a driver’s responsibility assessment and, while he had a valid Ohio license, he had not changed the address on his license or registration although he reported living in New York the last three years, according to police.
• De’Andre Owens, 18, of Calverton was charged with resisting arrest last Thursday after refusing to cooperate during an investigation following a foot pursuit near Exit 71 on the Long Island Expressway, according to state police.
Mr. Owens was also charged with two violations, police said.
Those who are named in police reports have not been convicted of any crime or violation. The charges against them may later be reduced or withdrawn, or they may be found innocent.