A Riverhead man was arrested for driving under the influence of drugs in Riverside late Tuesday night, according to Southampton town police.
Dawid Kalicki, 21, was stopped by officers on County Road 94 about 11 p.m. for traffic infractions, according to a police statement. An investigation during the traffic stop found that Mr. Kalicki was under the influence of marijuana, police said. He was charged with driving while ability impaired by drugs, a misdemeanor.
Mr. Kalicki was arrested at the scene, taken to police headquarters and held for arraignment in Southampton Town Justice Court Wednesday morning.
Police and court officials were unable to say whether or not Mr. Kalicki’s first name was spelled correctly in a release.
• Two bicycles were reported stolen from the backyard of a home on Flanders Road in Riverside last Monday.
The first bicycle is described as a silver and blue mountain bike without brakes and the second as a blue mountain bike, according to police.
The victim told police he has an ongoing problem with people stealing from his yard.
• A traffic stop for talking on a cellphone while driving led to an arrest on drug charges for a Manorville man, police said.
Matthew McGowan, 34, of Sunrise Highway North Service Road in Manorville was pulled over last Thursday morning on Montauk Highway in Bridgehampton for talking on his cellphone. The officer noticed the smell of marijuana and found marijuana in a cigar case, along with oxycodone that was not prescribed, according to police.
When asked about the oxycodone, Mr. McGowan said, “I got those from a friend…my teeth are bothering me,” according to police.
He was charged with seventh-degree criminal possession of a controlled substance, unlawful possession of marijuana and prohibited use of a cellphone.
• A wallet containing three credit cards, a driver’s license and a Social Security card were reported stolen from an unlocked car after its owner went into the Hampton Deli on Flanders Road in Flanders Sunday.
One of the cards was later used at the Stop and Go Mart on West Main Street in Riverhead, and the victim said he saw a man on the store surveillance video who matched the description of a man he saw on a bicycle in the Hampton Deli parking lot as he was heading into that store about 9:30 a.m.
The suspect is described as a black male, 30 to 40 years old, with short hair and a heavy build. He was wearing a sleeveless gray T-shirt and shorts, according to police, who also said he was riding a mountain bike at the time.
• About $950 worth of stereo equipment was reported stolen from an unlocked car parked on Quogue Avenue in Flanders Saturday morning. Speakers valued at $450, a 500-watt amp valued at $300 and an iPod Touch valued at $200 were among the items stolen, police said.
• A Flanders woman reported to police last Thursday that someone had illegally charged $105.44 and $105.95 to her credit card. The charges were made June 12 in Madisonville, Tenn., police said.
The credit card company is aware of the situation and has issued the woman a new card, police said.
• A Belgian block was thrown through the passenger side window of a car parked on Reeves Bay Trail in Flanders about 3:30 am. Sunday.
Those who are named in police reports have not been convicted of any crime or violation. The charges against them may later be reduced or withdrawn, or they may be found innocent.