A Riverhead man was arrested Sunday night after reportedly threatening his roommate with a knife, police said. James Payne, 49, allegedly grabbed a knife from a butcher’s block in the kitchen, pointed the knife at the victim and said, “I’m going to chop you up to pieces. You’re not going to make it through the night,” the report states.
Mr. Payne was charged with second-degree menacing, police said.
• A man was arrested Sunday night after he allegedly brandished a knife at El Caracol Deli in Riverhead, police said.
Oscar Humberto Alvarado, age and address undisclosed, was intoxicated when he attempted to enter the deli around 9:25 p.m., officials said. When two security guards locked the door after denying him entry, Mr. Alvarado reportedly pulled a knife from his waistband and swung it toward the door, officials said. Police recovered the knife and located Mr. Alvarado on Second Street, officials said. He was arrested and charged with third-degree menacing after the security guards identified him, police said.
• Jovan Coffey, 34, of Riverhead was arrested Sunday night on West Main Street in Riverhead and charged with driving while intoxicated, police said.
• Mynor Solorzano, 18, of Riverhead was arrested Saturday night on East Main Street in Riverhead and charged with DWI, police said.
• A burglary was reported at a home on Northside Road in Wading River last Wednesday, police said. Televisions, electronic devices and jewelry were removed, officials said.
• Brian Jenkins, 50, of Bridgehampton was arrested at Target in Riverhead last Wednesday and charged with petit larceny, police said.
• Luis Gonzalez, 39, address undisclosed, was arrested Monday night at Famous Footwear in Riverhead and charged with petit larceny, police said.
• Someone reportedly stole money from a container at St. John the Evangelist R.C. Church in Riverhead around 10 a.m. Friday, police said.
• About 200 gallons of heating fuel were reportedly stolen from an above-ground tank over the past several weeks at Wading River Congregational Church, police said. The report was filed last Tuesday morning.
• Copper wire was reported stolen Monday afternoon from a building on McDermott Avenue in Riverhead, police said.
• Security guards at Riverhead Free Library made a public lewdness complaint against a man and a woman around 3 p.m. last Wednesday, police said. No charges were filed.
Those who are named in police reports have not been convicted of any crime or violation. The charges against them may later be reduced or withdrawn, or they may be found innocent.
File photo: Riverhead Town Police Department. (Credit: Barbaraellen Koch)