Riverhead Town police arrested a Riverhead man for felony drug possession Saturday.
Devon Brandon, 39, was seen driving a gray Mercury on Roanoke Avenue playing “very loud music” around 10:20 a.m. when he turned into a driveway on Roanoke Avenue after police tried to conduct a traffic stop, officials said.
The officer waited in the road outside the home and eventually saw Mr. Brandon walking southbound holding a brown paper bag that appeared to have a glass bottle and beer can inside, officials said.
Police asked Mr. Brandon to hand over the bag, and as he was doing so a marijuana grinder disguised as a Duracell battery reportedly fell and split open, exposing marijuana hidden within. Police then found him to be in possession of a quantity of marijuana, crack cocaine and heroin in his front right pants pocket, as well as an open glass bottle of Christian Brothers brandy, officials said.
He was charged with third-degree criminal possession of a controlled substance and fifth-degree criminal possession of a controlled substance, both felonies, misdemeanor seventh-degree criminal possession of a controlled substance and a violation.
• Trent Clarence, 44, was arrested for misdemeanor driving while intoxicated around 8:45 p.m. last Monday, officials said.
• A Riverhead teen was arrested for drug possession in Riverhead last Thursday.
Griffin Sinkowitz, 19, was charged with misdemeanor seventh-degree criminal possession of a controlled substance and a violation around 9:35 p.m. on Middle Road and was held overnight due to “his high level of alcohol intoxication,” officials said.
• Police arrested a Riverhead woman for endangering the welfare of a child in the Target parking lot Monday.
Gabriela Alvarez-Sabino, 25, allegedly left a newborn child alone in a car around 3:30 p.m. Child Protective Services were notified and Ms. Alvarez-Sabino was released on an appearance ticket to face the misdemeanor charge, officials said.
• Jeremy Dixon of Riverhead was arrested for damaging sheetrock at Timothy Hill Children’s Ranch on Middle Road Monday.
The 16-year-old was arrested for misdemeanor fourth-degree criminal mischief around 4:45 p.m., police said.
• Police arrested a Riverhead man for stealing from Lowe’s on Route 58 Friday.
While on patrol near the store an officer stopped a car around 12:40 p.m. that matched the description of a car involved in a larceny of numerous tools and construction materials earlier that day, officials said. Police identified one of the passengers, 31-year-old Nicholas Fisher, as the man on the surveillance footage from Lowe’s, officials said.
He was charged with misdemeanor petit larceny.
• Two people were arrested for stealing from Famous Footwear in Riverhead Friday.
Reid Jafari, 22, and Alexis Waldo, 23, were charged with misdemeanor petit larceny for stealing from the outlet store around 4:20 p.m., officials said.
• Dion Brown, 26, was arrested for misdemeanor third-degree assault on Doctor’s Path around 4:40 p.m. Friday, officials said.
• Daniel Fortuna, 52, was arrested for misdemeanor criminal obstruction of breathing and a violation on South Road in Wading River around 9:45 p.m. Friday, officials said.
Those who are named in police reports have not been convicted of any crime or violation. The charges against them may later be reduced or withdrawn, or they may be found innocent.