A 23-year-old Riverhead man was arrested by state police Sunday after being caught with a 2017 Yamaha dirt bike that was reported stolen in South Carolina.
Timothy Edler was charged with criminal possession of stolen property, officials said.
• Police are investigating a burglary that occurred Dec. 23 at Natea’s Deli on Route 58, according to a town police press release.
Police said someone gained entry into the store by breaking the front door glass shortly after 8 p.m. They stole a cash drawer with an unknown amount of cash, according to police.
A Suffolk Sheriff Office K-9 unit was also requested to the scene in an attempt to locate the suspect, police said.
Anyone with any information about this case is asked to call Riverhead Town police at 631-727-4500, ext. 327. Police said all calls will be kept confidential.
• Police arrested a Shirley man who was caught driving without a valid license last Tuesday around 10:21 p.m.
William Brown, 32, was charged with second-degree aggravated unlicensed operation of a motor vehicle and driving without an interlock device, both misdemeanors, and several violations, officials said.
• An Islip woman was arrested at Target last Thursday after attempting to steal a shopping cart full of baby items, police said.
Pamela Renna, 37, was charged with misdemeanor petit larceny and found to have three active warrants with Suffolk County police.
• Gerber Rivera-Soto, 38, of Riverhead was arrested for driving with a suspended license on Northville Turnpike last Wednesday around 7:51 p.m.
He was charged with second-degree aggravated unlicensed operation of a motor vehicle, a misdemeanor.
• A Riverhead man was arrested for driving drunk last Tuesday around 5:36 p.m.
Enrique Bonilla, 27, allegedly struck a neighbor’s vehicle on Elton Place, fled the scene and then returned.
He was charged with misdemeanor aggravated DWI, police said.
• Sobriety checkpoints in Riverhead Town late in the night Dec. 22 into Dec. 23 resulted in one arrest, according to police.
Osiel Alexander Gomez-Gonzalez, 40, of Greenport was found operating a vehicle under the influence of alcohol at a sobriety checkpoint on East Main Street near Elton Street. He was arrested and charged with one count of driving while ability impaired, a violation, and held for arraignment.
• Last Thursday, an unknown person broke a passenger side window of a 2006 GMC Savana located on Pulaski Street and stole approximately $2,000 worth of tools.
•Tools valued at approximately $6,500 were reported stolen from a 2007 GMC Savana on Marcy Avenue last Monday.
Those who are named in police reports have not been convicted of any crime or violation. The charges against them may later be reduced or withdrawn, or they may be found innocent.