Gerald Crenshaw was arrested for stealing a cellphone and four game controllers from Target last Thursday, according to a Riverhead police report.
A Target employee said Mr. Crenshaw, 33, tried to remove the items, valued at $400, around 3:30 p.m. from the Old Country Road store without paying, officials said.
He was charged with misdemeanor petit larceny.
• Police arrested Kelly Barry for first-degree criminal contempt, a felony, on Forge Road in Calverton at around 5:30 p.m. Friday.
• Police arrested Miguel Luciano for stealing 13 bottles of Dove soap from CVS Pharmacy last Wednesday.
Pharmacy staff at the Old Country Road store called police at around 1:30 p.m. to say a man wearing a black coat with baggy pants had just stolen several items — valued at nearly $110 — from the store and fled on foot toward the neighboring TJ Maxx, officials said. Officers reportedly located a man that matched that description walking in the parking lot, and he was later identified by an employee at the store.
Mr. Luciano, 36, was charged with misdemeanor petit larceny.
• Lovely Wood was arrested for stealing numerous articles of clothing from Walmart Friday.
An employee at the Old Country Road store said an unknown woman removed 22 items of clothing, valued around $185, from the store around 5:30 p.m., officials said. Ms. Wood, 32, was later found in possession of the clothing and was arrested, officials said. During processing police allegedly learned she had an outstanding Suffolk County Police warrant.
She was charged with petit larceny and taken to the Suffolk County 7th precinct.
•An employee at Walmart reported that a male suspect left the store around 4:15 p.m. with a two-pack of pacifiers, valued at $4, without paying for it, officials said. Pilip Mieczyslaw, 80, who also had a trespass affidavit signed against him telling him to stay off Walmart property at that location, was charged with misdemeanor petit larceny and trespassing.
• Sumayyah Reddick, 42, was arrested for misdemeanor petit larceny at 2:30 p.m. at Kmart on Old Country Road Saturday.
• Jeremy Polite was arrested for driving with a suspended license in Riverhead Saturday.
Mr. Polite was stopped at around 10:15 a.m. on East Main Street when police learned his license was suspended, officials said.
He was charged with second-degree aggravated unlicensed operation of a motor vehicle, a misdemeanor, and a traffic violation.
• Police arrested Yazmeene Henderson-Ortiz, 27, for second-degree aggravated unlicensed operation of a motor vehicle, a misdemeanor, and traffic violations on Wading River Manor Road around 12:10 p.m. Monday.
Those who are named in police reports have not been convicted of any crime or violation. The charges against them may later be reduced or withdrawn, or they may be found innocent.