02/16/15 10:30pm
02/16/2015 10:30 PM
A candlelight vigil was held in Wading River on Monday to honor 17-year-old Danielle Lawrence. (Credit: Jen Nuzzo photos)

A candlelight vigil was held in Wading River on Monday to honor 17-year-old Danielle Lawrence. (Credit: Jen Nuzzo photos)

Riverhead High School sophomore Amaya Coach knew Danielle Lawrence since the third grade.

On Monday, Amaya broke down in front of a group of about 70 people and told them how much she loved her friend, who was killed the night before in an apparent double-murder suicide.

“She shouldn’t have died the way she did,” Amaya said, after placing a small stuffed teddy bear in the snow.

(more…)

02/15/15 6:00am
02/15/2015 6:00 AM

When North Shore United Methodist Church parishioner Laura Pearsall saw Riverhead Faculty and Community Theatre’s production of “Godspell” three years ago, she had a breakthrough idea. Why not fundraise for the Good Samaritan House building by bringing this production to NSUMC? This past weekend saw the result of that idea as two performances of the musical were held at the church that Glenn Abramowitz described as “awesome” and “awesomer.” Laura dedicated the part she played in the production to the Rev. Susumu Ando. (more…)

02/14/15 5:00am

OK, I don’t like the ice. Plain ol’ snow is good but this stuff is not my idea of fun. I did, however, finally make some snowmen. Spending time in the snow with two grandchildren, two dogs and one awesome daughter-in-law made last Sunday the best! We had a great time and our “snow family” looks amazing. Go ahead, get out of your chair, bundle up, and create and have some fun. (more…)

02/13/15 6:00am

Belated wishes for a very happy birthday to Brian Sinclair, with much love from your friends and family. We hope your day was wonderful!

I have a confession to make. I’ve been praying very hard for a snowy winter. I would much rather have snow outside than look at gray skies and dead grass. But I think I’m just about over it.  (more…)

02/10/15 10:48am
Credit: GoogleMaps

Credit: GoogleMaps

The Flanders Riverside and Northampton Community Association will be holding its first annual 5K run/walk next month to raise money for a scholarship for local students.

The event will take place on Sunday, March 22 at Hampton Hills Golf and Country Club in Northampton, where the race will both start and finish. It’s open to all runners, joggers and walkers of all ages, according to FRNCA member Barbara Swislosky, who is organizing the race with FRNCA treasurer Patty Hopkins. (more…)