05/04/17 5:55pm
05/04/2017 5:55 PM

Bill Kitzerow plays the title role and Susan Cincotta plays his wife in the Neil Simon comedy ‘The Prisoner of Second Avenue,’ which wil be presented by Northeast Stage for three weekends, starting Friday, May 5, at Holy Trinity Church in Greenport. (Credit: Elizabeth Wagner)

Northeast Stage will present “The Prisoner of Second Avenue” for three weekends beginning Friday, May 5, at Holy Trinity Church in Greenport.

(more…)

05/01/17 1:30pm
05/01/2017 1:30 PM

Mattituck-Laurel Veterinary Hospital hosted an open house Sunday that gave the public a behind-the-scenes look at animal care.

The hospital partnered with the Long Island Veterinary Medical Association — which sponsored other events across Long Island the same day — to educate the public about what’s involved in veterinary care.

READ

04/29/17 6:00am
04/29/2017 6:00 AM

Through hosting citizenship classes at the Riverhead Free Library, Millie Rios often fields questions from her students regarding immigration policies and consequences — especially since Donald Trump has taken office.

Ms. Rios said she’s always made an effort to answer the questions herself or bring speakers to class, but decided the community at large would benefit from a larger public forum. READ

04/27/17 3:26pm
04/27/2017 3:26 PM

In January, my son Jeff and I were chatting about this and that — just an ordinary phone conversation, or so I thought. He was recounting his trip to Sicily, discussing the election results, the weather and, smack in the middle of our exchange, he said, “And Mom, it looks like you’re gonna finally be a grandma!” Jeff then continued the conversation — one-sided now!

(more…)

04/18/17 6:00am
04/18/2017 6:00 AM

When Paola Zuniga-Tellez moved from Brooklyn to the East End in 2005, she noticed a lack of information and representation for the Latino community as a whole — a sad experience, she said.

Now, Ms. Zuniga-Tellez, who was born in Mexico and came to the United States as a teenager, hopes to close that gap as a member of the Flanders, Riverside and Northampton Community Association’s board of directors — the first Latina elected to the group’s board in its 18-year history.

READ