01/12/17 3:02pm
01/12/2017 3:02 PM

I hope everyone had a wonderful, safe holiday season. Old Man Winter has found us and brought a lot of white stuff. Stay safe out there.

We have a lot of birthdays this month. Happy 1st birthday to Adalynn Gray Bishop on Jan. 12 from Mommy, Daddy, Móraí, Grandpa and the rest of her family and friends. I can’t believe she is already 1. Feels like just yesterday her grandmother was posting pictures of her newborn granddaughter. There will be a huge celebration with family and friends at the Birchwood on Jan. 14.

(more…)

01/12/17 2:55pm

Welcome to the first major snowstorm of the year! I hope your snowblowers and shovels worked to perfection while digging out the driveways, walkways and steps. What a beautiful winter wonderland it was.

Happy New Year! I’m hoping it will be a good year for all. We must take time to do the things we want to do, enjoy friendships and, of course, smell the roses.

(more…)

01/06/17 5:45am
01/06/2017 5:45 AM

Dwayne Eleazer (left) and Larry Williams (right) at the Stop the Violence basketball tournament in August 2011. (Credit: Jen Nuzzo, file)

One of Riverhead’s biggest sporting events takes place each August, tucked away on the town basketball court on Horton Avenue.

Despite very little promotion, it manages to draw thousands of spectators, as 10 teams from Riverhead and as far away as New York City and New Jersey sweat it out for bragging rights and a cash prize. READ

01/05/17 6:00am
01/05/2017 6:00 AM

Tijuana and Troy Fulford

Christmas shined a little brighter this year for families living in some of Long Island’s poorest neighborhoods thanks to the efforts of one Riverside native.

Tijuana Fulford, 33, a former Girl Scout and mother of three young children, surprised nearly 90 young girls with mountains of presents Dec. 21 at the Riverhead Town Senior Center in Aquebogue.

READ