01/26/17 2:47pm
01/26/2017 2:47 PM

Hello! I hope everyone stayed safe in the recent storms and is now enjoying a little warmer weather. I don’t think it will last long. I have a feeling Old Man Winter still has some snow and cold weather for us.

I would like to wish a very happy birthday to Jill Konkel from Jimmy, Erin, Taylor, Johnny, Ashley, Jaelynn and all of her other (more…)

01/20/17 6:00am
01/20/2017 6:00 AM

Diana Gallagher

Writer and Wading River native Diana Gallagher believes more can be done to help teenagers feel comfortable about seeking help with mental health issues before they become intolerable.

Ms. Gallagher, a 31-year-old Shoreham Wading River High School alumna, remembers hearing reports of suicides or attempted suicides during all four of her high school years. The SWR community is currently coping with two student suicides that took place in 2016.

READ

01/19/17 4:20pm
01/19/2017 4:20 PM

Happy New Year to all of you! I hope your holidays were merry and bright. Ours were really fun, with most of the kids home. We ate lots of food and drank lots of wine. Now it’s time to get back to work with exercise and healthy eating so we can reach those 2017 goals before next December!

Living Water Church in Aquebogue started offering a course last week on budgeting and finances called “Financial Peace University,” (more…)

01/19/17 4:07pm

Dear readers, it’s nice to be back speaking to you and about you again. I hope you enjoyed the holiday season and made some grand promises that you’ll be steadfast to achieve in the new year. Happy 2017, everyone!

The North Country Road Warriors once again kicked off the new year with their 3rd annual New Year’s Resolution Run/Walk. (more…)