04/01/14 6:00am
04/01/2014 6:00 AM

Little Flower

The Vineyards in Aquebogue is hosting the ‘Tastings of Long Island’ fundraiser to benefit Little Flower this Sunday, April 6, from  3-7 p.m.

The event includes tastings from local vineyards and breweries, a cold food station, auction, and entertainment by The Filthy Crickets.

Advance tickets: $35; $60 per couple. Mail check to: Little Flower Educational Foundation, 2460 North Wading River Road, Wading River, NY 11792.

Tickets at door: $40; $70 per couple. For more information, contact Christine Evola at 631-929-4300.

03/30/14 6:00am
03/30/2014 6:00 AM

Eager egg seekers take off looking for the golden egg last year. (Credit: Carrie Miller, file)

Happy spring, friends and neighbors. Yes it’s officially spring but it sure doesn’t feel like it. We get a couple of days of gorgeous weather then we get a forecast for more snow, which was forecasted for this week. I’m tired of being cold. (more…)

03/29/14 1:00pm

Driving to work, I heard a song recorded by the American rock band Imagine Dragons titled “Radioactive.” The refrain “I’m radioactive, I’m radioactive” struck a chord with me (no pun intended). Arriving at work, I felt a plethora of emotions: sadness, anger and the realization that, now that I’m widowed again, I indeed felt radioactive.  (more…)